Organised weekends of led groups and peer group workshops provide opportunities to learn and practise skills including:
- Poor visibility/night navigation
- Rock climbing
- High camping/bivvying
- Winter skills
Attending a weekend meet
All our weekend meets are organised by club members. We aim to publicise them well in advance by emailing all our members. If you want to know more, please contact us using the button on the left of your screen.
Forthcoming meets in 2018:
- 26th-28th January – weekend based at Braithwaite, near Keswick
- 23rd-25th February – winter mountaineering near Fort William
- 16th-18th March – advanced scrambling with Rusty Bale, Snowdonia
- 13th-15th April – navigation challenge based at Lake Coniston
- 25th-28th May – weekend at remote Glen Affric Youth Hostel, Scotland
- 22nd-24th June – weekend near Austwick, Yorkshire Dales
- 2nd–4th November – multi-activity AGM weekend in Peak District.
Other plans for 2018 include a scrambling weekend in Snowdonia in July, an orienteering weekend in Snowdonia in September and a meet in October with both hill walking and rock climbing.
Meets tend to include hill walking and navigation unless otherwise specified. Scrambling and rock climbing are also an option on most meets, depending on participants and weather.
Reports from previous meets:
- Feb 17 – winter walking at Inchree, Scotland
- Mar 17 – snowshoeing course in the Alps
- Mar 17 – micro-navigation in Snowdonia
- May 17 – backpacking and wild camping in Scotland
- Jun 17 – hill walking and navigation in the Yorkshire Dales
- Jul 17 – scrambling in the Lake District
- Nov 17 – AGM weekend in the Peak District