Impact of COVID-19
We have cancelled meets up to July 2020 because of the restrictions imposed to slow down the spread of COVID-19. We hope to resume activities in the second half of the year when you will be able to join and pay a reduced membership fee (see below for details).
Why join Bremex?
Bremex offers a number of benefits to its members:
- We are affiliated to the British Mountaineering Club (BMC) and you are covered by the BMC insurance while on Bremex activities
- The club is small enough for new members to get to know other people easily
- We have a wide range of members of different ages
- We have a good balance of men and women attending our meets
- Our members are keen to learn from each other and we believe that everyone has something to offer
- We tailor our activities to suit what members actually want and, as we are a small club, new members can have a real influence
- Members with cars are happy to give lifts, especially to new members
- We welcome everyone, regardless of race, gender, age or sexuality.
How to join
Everyone who is keen to develop, improve and share their skills in hillwalking, mountaineering and climbing can apply to become a member of Bremex. Annual membership runs from 1st January to 31st December and covers affiliation to the British Mountaineering Council (BMC) and club insurance. There is a sliding fee scale for joining part-way through the year.
If you’d like to join or have any membership queries please send an email to our membership secretary here.
The annual memberhip fee for 2020 is £25, reduced from £34 in 2019. New people wishing to attend our meets when they recommence in September can attend one meet as a taster, free of charge. To attend a further meet this year they will be required to pay the six-monthly membership fee of £15. We plan to have meets in September, October and November. See Meets page for further details.
The club also has a category for junior members. Anyone aged between 14 and 17 can join providing they are accompanied at all times by their parent/guardian or responsible adult nominated by their parent/guardian. Fees for junior members fare the same as for adults. Your application will need to be approved by your parent/guardian. Please also read the Under 18s guidance notes.
BMC Participation Statement – please read
The BMC recognises that climbing, hill walking and mountaineering are activities with a danger of injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement.